This week in your CSA Share:
- Snow Peas**
- Garlic Scapes**
- Bok Choy**
- Mustard Greens**
- Curly Kale**
- Lettuce Heads
- Basil tops
- Lettuce Mix
Each item in the list is a direct link to the Vegetable Directory that has more details about storage and recipes. On each page you will also find a link to a Pinterest Board for that vegetable. **Featured in this week’s custom recipes
Google map directions HERE
Quick Tips & Ideas:
- Snow Peas – eat the whole pea, just trim off the stem, great for dipping or adding to salads raw, cook very quickly – just until they turn bright green but are still crunchy – do not overcook; can be blanched and frozen
- Garlic Scapes – mild garlic flavor, can be sliced thin and added to anything you want some garlic flavor, great in pesto, stir-fry; can be sliced thin and frozen, CREAMY GARLIC SCAPE DRESSING
- Mustard Greens – spicy greens, can be eaten raw or cooked; not recommended for smoothies
- Basil: cold sensitive, may turn black if too cold in fridge; use promptly
- Wash your produce at home? Yes! We do give many items a rinse at the farm. However, we still recommend that you wash your veggies at home before eating.
- Please do not leave your veggies in your car = wilted greens 🙁 – this will greatly reduce how long they last.
- It’s stir-fry season: Use up your Asian greens, turnip & radish https://kristineskitchenblog.com/stir-fry-sauce/
- Your greens are wrapped in paper to help cut down on our plastic usage. They can be stored in the paper but will loose moisture over time. You may wish to move to proper storage.
Weekly Recipes: KP Holistic Chef – Katie Peterson has created 2 custom recipes to compliment your CSA share. You will receive printed copies of the weekly recipes. They are in a sheet protector. Your notebooks are on order and should arrive soon!! We are hoping to get the new notebooks to you when we return for Week#5. The recipes are always listed on her website too www.kpholistichef.com @KPholisticchef
SPECIAL NOTE: added bonus – add your scallions, and parsley even your mustard greens to the fried rice recipe!!! Still have greens? Add them to your All The Greens Fried Rice!
We had a great turn out and enjoyed some tasty bites from KP Holistic Chef! Wondering what to do with your Green Giant Pesto from last week’s recipe. Well, Chef Katie made Green Giant Pesto Hummus and Black Bean Sliders with Green Giant Pesto Aioli – grab the recipe on her website HERE: https://www.kpholisticchef.com/recipes
all above photos Credit: Juz’ Timmy (Ever Green Farm CSA member!)
Farm Events: Google map directions HERE
Something Saturdays: new dates added 7/2 & 7/9
Come be a farmer with us on Saturday mornings from 9-12 during the season. Gain a greater sense of community from working together and connect with the land your food is grown on. Relieve stress and get some sunshine. You can work along side us in the field with whatever task we have for the morning. It could be transplanting, weeding, or harvesting. We will supply the gloves and tools.
You will receive an email later in the week once we know what we have planned for the morning.
If you attend 3 or more working events during the season you will earn an Ever Green Farm CSA t-shirt. T-shirts will be distributed at the Gratitude Gathering in October. You must sign up in advance to attend. See you in the field! We are not sure what is planned for next Saturday. When we know, you will get an email.
Available Dates: 7/2, 7/9, 7/23, 7/30, 8/13, 8/27, 9/3, 9/10, 9/24, 10/1, 10/8
- Glorious Garlic Harvest: Saturday 7/16 10-1 – working event – qualifies for t-shirt
- Farm-to-Table Dinner: 8/6 – ticketed event
- Potato Harvest: Saturday 8/20 10-1 – working event – qualifies for t-shirt
- Soup & Stew: Saturday 9/17 1-3 – cooking demo & tasting event
- End of Season Gratitude Gathering: Saturday 10/15 1-3 – Pot Luck
Social Media :
FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM tag us in your photos: @egfcsa @KPholisticchef
We have a new Facebook Page. We will continue to post on both pages for a while as we transition to using just one. Please like and follow our new page
We have also added a new private Facebook Group. We are up to 16 members!! We would like this to be a place where we can all share general cooking and preservation tips, CSA related ideas, recipes, and photos of our culinary creations made with our CSA veggies. It is set up so you can post anonymously if preferred. You can request to be added at the link below.
MEET THE FARM CREW:
This season’s produce is brought to you by this crew. We are a small family farm and grow 4-7 acres of over 40 varieties of vegetables. This bunch works hard to get your veggies to you every week.