In your CSA share this week:
- Delicata Squash
- Red Cabbage
- Curly Kale
- Sweet Corn
- Yukon Gold Potato
- Tomato/Plum- mix
- Lettuce Mix
- Summer Squash (Yellow, Zucchini)
- Cherry/Grape tomato- mix
- Bell Pepper
- Mini-Sweet Peppers
- Jalapeno Pepper
Storage and usage tips and recipes can be found in the Vegetable Directory there is a page for each veggie (well almost)
Do you need inspiration and ideas? Pinterest Boards for many of the veggies we grow
Weekly recipes by Dean Lane Food & Farmstead – Check their website for their upcoming events and dinner reservations
- Delicata Squash – cut in half, scoop out seeds, skin is edible; roasted, stuffed, soup, chili
- Sweet Corn – grilled in the husk, cornbread, chowder, freeze
- Yukon Gold potato – scrub, no need to peel, all purpose -roasted, fried, boiled, mashed, soup
- Summer squash – yellow & zucchini – very versatile; raw, grilled, pickled, quick bread, sauté, oodles of zoodles; baked stuffed boats
- Eggplant: purple Japanese eggplant-grill, stir-fry
- Tomato – ripen from the inside out and will continue to ripen on the countertop and allow to ripen at room temperature for best flavor; cook ripe tomatoes, add to sautés, sauces, salads,
- Jalapeno – add to pickles; slice and freeze; the heat is in the seeds and white pith -use gloves to remove and don’t touch your eyes
Show us what your are cooking in the private FB Veggie Group!!
- Braised Eggplant (Week #7 2022)
- Summer Squash Sauce with garlic scapes and basil – Week#5 2022
- Marinated Zucchini Noodles -use yellow squash too; mandoline slicer on julienne (scooped out any seeds-did not peel)
- Delicata Squash and Black Bean Chili & Cornbread (Week#15 2022)
- Roasted Corn & Delicata Squash Salad with Avocado Lime Dressing (Week#13 2022)
- Maple Roasted Delicata Squash (Week#12 2022)
- Roasted Delicata & Farro Salad with Maple Tahini Dressing (Week #11 2022)
- Chinese Five Spice Chicken with Red Cabbage and Roasted Potatoes (Week #10 2023)
- Summer Squash Pasta (Week #6 2023)
- Roasted Japanese Eggplant (Week #9 2023)
- Sweet Corn Gazpacho (Week#10 2022)
- Zucchini Potato Fritters (Week #10 2022)
- Asian Pickled Zucchini (Week #5 2023)
- Mexican Street Corn (Week#11 2023)
Quick Tips: – What is a quick pickle? A process to pickle with vinegar and does not have to be canned but must stay refrigerated. Recipe: How to quick pickle any vegetable
Ratatouille – Modern ratatouille uses tomatoes as a foundation for sautéed garlic, onion, zucchini (courgette), aubergine (eggplant), bell pepper, marjoram, fennel and basil.
Did you know that you can purchase your very own Ever Green Farm T-Shirt?
Show your support of your CSA farm!
$28 inc. sales tax (exact cash at your CSA delivery)
Sizes available: S, M, L, XL, XXL
Text me how many and what size – I will bring them to your next delivery!!
CSA MEMBER FARM EVENTS:
- Fall Gratitude Gathering – Saturday, October 14th 1-3
RSVP for events is required. You are welcome to bring your family and friends but please leave pets at home.
Private Facebook Group: request to join the group and turn on notifications https://www.facebook.com/groups/egfcsa