In your CSA share this week:
- Red Norland Potato
- Yellow Onion -fresh
- Summer Squash (Yellow, Zucchini)
- Tomato mix
- Cherry tomato mix
- Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
- Bell Pepper
- Jalapeno Pepper
- Fresh Garlic
Our next farm event on the schedule: Potato Harvest – Saturday, August 19th 10-1
Storage and usage tips and recipes can be found in the Vegetable Directory there is a page for each veggie (well almost)
Do you need inspiration and ideas? Pinterest Boards for many of the veggies we grow
Weekly recipes by Dean Lane Food & Farmstead – Check their website for their upcoming events and dinner reservations
- Red Potato – roasted, fried, boiled or steamed for salad
- Basil -video link below for easy freezing; or freeze basil balls-food processor leaves with just enough oil to hold together the freeze TBSP scoops on a sheet pan; store in freezer baggie/container; make and freeze pesto in ice cube trays or mini cupcake papers
- Parsley: wilted parsley? recut the ends and stand in a glass of water. Your can store it this way in the fridge or countertop (change water daily)or store wrapped in damp paper towel in a baggie, or hang to dry; can also be cleaned, dried and frozen in a baggie-pull out leaves to add to cooked dishes; minced and added to salads, sauces, and marinades; puree into dressings
- Summer squash – yellow & zucchini – very versatile; raw, grilled, pickled, quick bread, sauté, oodles of zoodles; baked stuffed boats
- Eggplant: grilled, roasted, braised; smaller eggplants do not need to be peeled or salted
- Tomato – ripen from the inside out and will continue to ripen on the countertop not refrigerate; allow to ripen at room temperature for best flavor; add to sautés, sauces, salads, sandwiches
- Cucumber – storage options so the last; salads, juice, wedges with salt and pepper; cold soup
- Jalapeno – add to pickles; slice and freeze; the heat is in the seeds and white pith -use gloves to remove and don’t touch your eyes
- Fresh Onion – skins are not cured; be sure to remove the tougher outer layer before cutting; tops can be used like the scallion tops sliced thin
Ratatouille – Modern ratatouille uses tomatoes as a foundation for sautéed garlic, onion, zucchini (courgette), aubergine (eggplant), bell pepper, marjoram, fennel and basil.
Show us what your are cooking in the private FB Veggie Group!!
- Tomato Basil Risotto (Week #9 2022)
- Braised Japanese Eggplant (Week #7 2022)
- Basil Green Goddess Dressing (basil, parsley, scallions)
- Basil & Parsley dressing (basil, parsley, sub with scallion & garlic scapes)
- Toasted Chickpea and Farro Salad with Parsley Tahini Dressing – Week#3 2022
- Summer Squash Sauce with garlic scapes and basil – Week#5 2022
- Coconut Green Curry Veggies and Cous Cous – Week #6 2022
- Cherry Tomato Cucumber Panzanella Salad with parsley caper vinaigrette – Week #7 2022
- Lentil Tacos with Cucumber Picco de Gallo – Week #8 2022
- Zucchini Walnut Bread – Week #9 2022
- Zucchini Potato Fritters – Week #10 2022
- Marinated Zucchini Noodles -use yellow squash too; mandoline slicer on julienne (scooped out any seeds-did not peel)
- Easy Cucumber Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- White Bean and Basil Dip
- Cold Cucumber Soup with Yogurt and Dill
- Fastest easiest way to freeze basil – Video
Quick Tips: – What is a quick pickle? A process to pickle with vinegar and does not have to be canned but must stay refrigerated. Recipe: How to quick pickle any vegetable
Did you know that you can purchase your very own Ever Green Farm T-Shirt?
Show your support of your CSA farm!
$28 inc. sales tax (exact cash at your CSA delivery)
Sizes available: S, M, L, XL, XXL
Purchase at your CSA delivery or any farm event.
Farm Photos: These are some of the creations of your fellow members – Keep up the good work everybody!!
CSA MEMBER FARM EVENTS:
- Potato Harvest – Saturday, August 19th 10-1
- TBD – Saturday, September 16th 1-3
- Fall Gratitude Gathering – Saturday, October 14th 1-3
RSVP for events is required. You are welcome to bring your family and friends but please leave pets at home.
Private Facebook Group: request to join the group and turn on notifications https://www.facebook.com/groups/egfcsa