In your CSA share this week:
- Red Cabbage
- Tomato Mix
- Curly Kale
- Yellow/red Onion -fresh
- Summer Squash (Yellow, Zucchini)
- Cherry/Grape tomato mix
- Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
- Bell Pepper
- Jalapeno Pepper
- Fresh Garlic
Our next farm event on the schedule: Potato Harvest – Saturday, August 19th 10-1
Storage and usage tips and recipes can be found in the Vegetable Directory there is a page for each veggie (well almost)
Do you need inspiration and ideas? Pinterest Boards for many of the veggies we grow
Weekly recipes by Dean Lane Food & Farmstead – Check their website for their upcoming events and dinner reservations
RECIPE NOTE: We were unable to dig fresh potatoes this weekend due to wet conditions. We have added an additional recipe for eggplant meatballs. Even people that are not fond of eggplant tend to like this one.
- Red Cabbage– cooked or raw; salads, sauté, braise, pickle
- Basil -video link below for easy freezing; or freeze basil balls-food processor leaves with just enough oil to hold together the freeze TBSP scoops on a sheet pan; store in freezer baggie/container; make and freeze pesto in ice cube trays or mini cupcake papers
- Parsley: wilted parsley? recut the ends and stand in a glass of water. Your can store it this way in the fridge or countertop (change water daily)or store wrapped in damp paper towel in a baggie, or hang to dry; can also be cleaned, dried and frozen in a baggie-pull out leaves to add to cooked dishes; minced and added to salads, sauces, and marinades; puree into dressings
- Summer squash – yellow & zucchini – very versatile; raw, grilled, pickled, quick bread, sauté, oodles of zoodles; baked stuffed boats
- Eggplant: grilled, roasted, braised; smaller eggplants do not need to be peeled or salted
- Tomato – ripen from the inside out and will continue to ripen on the countertop not refrigerate; allow to ripen at room temperature for best flavor; add to sautés, sauces, salads, sandwiches
- Cucumber – storage options so the last; salads, juice, wedges with salt and pepper; cold soup
- Jalapeno – add to pickles; slice and freeze; the heat is in the seeds and white pith -use gloves to remove and don’t touch your eyes
- Fresh Onion – skins are not cured; be sure to remove the tougher outer layer before cutting; tops can be used like the scallion tops sliced thin
Ratatouille – Modern ratatouille uses tomatoes as a foundation for sautéed garlic, onion, zucchini (courgette), aubergine (eggplant), bell pepper, marjoram, fennel and basil.
Show us what your are cooking in the private FB Veggie Group!!
- Cherry Tomato Cucumber Panzanella Salad with Parsley caper vinaigrette – (Week #7 2022)
- Lentil Tacos with Cucumber Pico de Gallo – (Week #8 2022)
- Tomato Basil Risotto (Week #9 2022)
- Braised Japanese Eggplant (Week #7 2022)
- Basil Green Goddess Dressing (basil, parsley, scallions)
- Basil & Parsley dressing (basil, parsley, sub with scallion & garlic scapes)
- Toasted Chickpea and Farro Salad with Parsley Tahini Dressing – Week#3 2022
- Summer Squash Sauce with garlic scapes and basil – Week#5 2022
- Coconut Green Curry Veggies and Cous Cous – Week #6 2022
- Cherry Tomato Cucumber Panzanella Salad with parsley caper vinaigrette – Week #7 2022
- Lentil Tacos with Cucumber Picco de Gallo – Week #8 2022
- Zucchini Walnut Bread – Week #9 2022
- Zucchini Potato Fritters – Week #10 2022
- Marinated Zucchini Noodles -use yellow squash too; mandoline slicer on julienne (scooped out any seeds-did not peel)
- Easy Cucumber Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- White Bean and Basil Dip
- Fastest easiest way to freeze basil – Video
Quick Tips: – What is a quick pickle? A process to pickle with vinegar and does not have to be canned but must stay refrigerated. Recipe: How to quick pickle any vegetable
Did you know that you can purchase your very own Ever Green Farm T-Shirt?
Show your support of your CSA farm!
$28 inc. sales tax (exact cash at your CSA delivery)
Sizes available: S, M, L, XL, XXL
Purchase at your CSA delivery or any farm event.
CSA MEMBER FARM EVENTS:
- Potato Harvest – Saturday, August 19th 10-1
- TBD – Saturday, September 16th 1-3
- Fall Gratitude Gathering – Saturday, October 14th 1-3
RSVP for events is required. You are welcome to bring your family and friends but please leave pets at home.
Private Facebook Group: request to join the group and turn on notifications https://www.facebook.com/groups/egfcsa