THIS IS THE FINAL WEEK OF REGULAR SEASON!
6 SPOTS REMAINING FOR THE CSA EXTENSION SHARE – CONTACT ME ASAP!
Current members who renew and pay in full by the end of October can lock in 2023 pricing for a weekly ($700) or bi-weekly ($400) share.
Early renewal BONUS: receive digital/printable copies of the 2022 & 2023 CSA Member Recipe books with bonus pages and recipes.
In your CSA share this week:
- Savoy Green Cabbage
- Asian Greens
- Bok Choy
- Mizuna (Japanese Mustard Greens)
- Purple Top Turnip
- Purple Daikon Radish
- Watermelon Radish
- Red Kale
- Red Onion
- Green Pepper
- CSA shares continue until Week #20. This is the final week of the regular season – Tuesday, October 24th – Friday, October 27th.
- 2024 Membership renewals Current members have 2 weeks to renew before new members can join. New members on the waiting list can join after Nov 1st.
- CSA Extension share -$160 – only 6 remaining – The CSA Extension is 4 more weeks excluding Thanksgiving week and begins as soon as the regular season ends. (Tues 10/31-Friday, Dec 1st)
Weekly recipes by Dean Lane Food & Farmstead – Check their website for their upcoming events and dinner reservations
Veggie Notes and Recipe links:
- Purple Top Turnip – roasted, mashed alone or with potato, spiced turnip & apples or turnip burgers recipes on the Vegetable Directory
- Scallions – garnish soup, stir-fry, scallion pancakes, bake into bread, add to potatoes -either mashed or salad, slice and freeze; 25 ways to use up a bunch of scallions –https://www.thekitchn.com/5-ways-to-use-up-a-bunch-of-scallions-199374
- Garlic-add to everything!!; roasting the whole bulb mellows the garlic flavor-spreadable garlic; do you have an abundance try Traditional Toum (Lebanese Garlic Sauce-video too) like a garlic mayo to use on toasted veggies, spreads and more.
- Daikon Radish – great sliced thin in a salad or sandwich; have too many – try Daikon au Gratin or our new favorite Salad –https://thesoundofcooking.com/purple-daikon-radish-recipe/#recipe
- Asian Greens – raw or cooked, eat the stems too,
- Kale – raw or cooked, greens & beans
- Watermelon Radish – roasted, braised, shredded, salads
- Mizuna – Japanese mustard greens https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/stir-fried-bok-choy-and-mizuna-with-tofu-362936
Get your T-Shirt at your delivery!!
NOW ACCEPTING VENMO @EverGreenFarm-CSA
Did you know that you can purchase your very own Ever Green Farm T-shirt?
Show your support for your CSA farm!
$28 inc. sales tax (exact cash at your CSA delivery)
Unisex Sizes available: M, L, XL, XXL
*Small is sold out*
Private Facebook Group: request to join the group and turn on notifications https://www.facebook.com/groups/egfcsa