Current members who renew and pay in full by the end of October can lock in 2023 pricing for a weekly ($700) or bi-weekly ($400) share.
In your CSA share this week:
- Asian Greens
- Purple Top Turnip
- Potato 3# Keuka Gold
- Purple Daikon Radish
- Hakurei Salad Turnip
- Mini Sweet Peppers
- Curly Kale
- Celeriac (Celery Root)
Special thank you to everyone that attended the Gratitude Gathering on Saturday! We will get the recipes up on the website soon.
Thank you – Libby, Tom, Karen, Jay, Deb, Julie, Kristen, Alden, Cathy, John, Jay, Bill, Linda, Richard, Simon, Only Linda and Juz Timmy. We enjoyed great conversation, libations, and of course food!
- CSA shares continue until Week #20. There is 1 more week to go. The final week of the regular season is Tuesday, October 24th – Friday, October 27th.
- 2024 Membership renewals Current members have 2 weeks to renew before new members can join. Any new members on the waiting list can join after Nov 1st.
- CSA Extension share -$160 – only 10 remaining – The CSA Extension is 4 more weeks excluding Thanksgiving week and begins as soon as the regular season ends. (Tues 10/31-Friday, Dec 1st)
You will receive an additional email about CSA Renewal for 2024
Weekly recipes by Dean Lane Food & Farmstead – Check their website for their upcoming events and dinner reservations
- Purple Top Turnip – roasted, mashed alone or with potato, spiced turnip & apples or turnip burgers recipes on the Vegetable Directory
- Celeriac – roasted, soups, mashed alone or with potato, Celery Root and Apple Remoulade by Martha Stewart; favorite Smashed Celeriac by Jamie Oliver
- Scallions – garnish soup, stir-fry, scallion pancakes, bake into bread, add to potatoes -either mashed or salad, slice and freeze; 25 ways to use up a bunch of scallions –https://www.thekitchn.com/5-ways-to-use-up-a-bunch-of-scallions-199374
- Garlic-add to everything!!; roasting the whole bulb mellows the garlic flavor-spreadable garlic; do you have an abundance try Traditional Toum (Lebanese Garlic Sauce-video too) like a garlic mayo to use on toasted veggies, spreads and more.
- Mini Sweet peppers-raw or cooked, minimal seeds, frittata, stuffed, omelets, salads, pizza, pasta
- Daikon Radish – great sliced thin in a salad or sandwich; have too many – try Daikon au Gratin
- Asian Greens – raw or cooked, eat the stems too,
- Kale – raw or cooked, greens & beans
Show us what you are cooking in the private FB Veggie Group!!
- Roasted Yukon Golds with rosemary and capers – Week #12 2022
- Quick Tips: – What is a quick pickle? A process to pickle with vinegar and does not have to be canned but must stay refrigerated. Recipe: How to quick pickle any vegetable
NOW ACCEPTING VENMO @EverGreenFarm-CSA
Did you know that you can purchase your very own Ever Green Farm T-shirt?
Show your support for your CSA farm!
$28 inc. sales tax (exact cash at your CSA delivery)
Unisex Sizes available: M, L, XL, XXL
*Small is sold out*
Private Facebook Group: request to join the group and turn on notifications https://www.facebook.com/groups/egfcsa