In your CSA share this week:
- Celeriac (celery root) with tops
- Purple Daikon Radish
- Lacinato Kale
- Green Giant -Komatsuna (tatsoi)
- Mini Sweet Peppers
- Green Tomato
- Yellow Onion
- Bell Pepper
- Summer Squash
Storage and usage tips and recipes can be found in the Vegetable Directory there is a page for each veggie (well almost)
Do you need inspiration and ideas? Pinterest Boards for many of the veggies we grow
- CSA shares continue until Week #20. There are 4 more weeks to go. The final week of the regular season is Tuesday, October 24th – Friday, October 27th.
- We will accept 2024 Membership renewals beginning October 14th at the Gratitude Gathering on the farm.
- Any new members wishing to join can get on the waiting list – can join after Nov 1st
- Yes, we will have a CSA Extension share this season. The CSA Extension is 4 more weeks excluding Thanksgiving week and begins as soon as the regular season ends. Limited to 40 shares- more details are coming soon about anticipated veggies.
Weekly recipes by Dean Lane Food & Farmstead – Check their website for their upcoming events and dinner reservations
- Celeriac – ugly but delicious, must peel; braised, mashed, pureed, roasted, soups, shredded in salads; use tops too in soups, roasts, strong celery flavor; tops can be frozen for veggie stock
- Purple daikon radish– beautiful on the inside too; thinly slice to add to sandwiches; roasted, stir-fry, gratins, salads, fried daikon cakes-recipes on the vegetable directory-Daikon radish
- Lacinato Kale – braised, salads, soups, stews, smoothies, chips – massage for raw salads
- Green Giant -Komatsuna – similar to tatsoi- wash at home, raw salads, smoothies, soup, stirfry,
- Jalapeno – quick pickle, cornbread, add to pickles; slice/dice and freeze; the heat is in the seeds and white pith -use gloves to remove and don’t touch your eyes
- Summer squash – yellow & zucchini – very versatile; raw, grilled, pickled, quick bread, sauté, oodles of zoodles; baked stuffed boats
- Green Tomato – store in fridge to discourage ripening; fried green tomato, green tomato soup, tomato pie (hint*-it is just like apple pie-mind blowing)
- Garlic-add to everything!!; roasted
- Mini Sweet peppers-raw or cooked, minimal seeds, frittata, stuffed, omelets, salads, pizza, pasta
Show us what your are cooking in the private FB Veggie Group!!
- Marinated Zucchini Noodles -use yellow squash too; mandoline slicer on julienne (scooped out any seeds-did not peel)
- Zucchini Potato Fritters (Week #10 2022)
- Asian Pickled Zucchini (Week #5 2023)
- Green Giant Pesto (Week #4 2022)-divide recipe by 3 – you have 1/2#
- Green Tomato Pie – like apple pie if you can get your brain over the fact that it is tomatoes
- Smashed Celeriac -farm favorite
- Celeriac Remoulade
- Fried Green Tomato
Quick Tips: – What is a quick pickle? A process to pickle with vinegar and does not have to be canned but must stay refrigerated. Recipe: How to quick pickle any vegetable
NOW ACCEPTING VENMO @EverGreenFarm-CSA
Did you know that you can purchase your very own Ever Green Farm T-Shirt?
Show your support of your CSA farm!
$28 inc. sales tax (exact cash at your CSA delivery)
Unisex Sizes available: S, M, L, XL, XXL
Text me how many and what size – I will bring them to your next delivery!!
CSA MEMBER FARM EVENTS:
- Fall Gratitude Gathering – Saturday, October 14th 1-3
RSVP for events is required. You are welcome to bring your family and friends but please leave pets at home.
Private Facebook Group: request to join the group and turn on notifications https://www.facebook.com/groups/egfcsa