In your CSA share this week:
- Napa Cabbage
- Delicata Squash
- Mini Sweet Peppers
- Tomato/Plum- mix
- Lettuce Mix
- Summer Squash/Zucchini
- Cherry/Grape tomato- mix
- Mini-Sweet Peppers
- Jalapeno Pepper
Storage and usage tips and recipes can be found in the Vegetable Directory there is a page for each veggie (well almost)
Do you need inspiration and ideas? Pinterest Boards for many of the veggies we grow
- CSA shares continue until Week #20!! There are only 6 more weeks to go.
- We will begin accepting 2024 Membership renewals in mid-October at the Gratitude Gathering at the farm.
- Yes, we will have a CSA Extension share this season. (4 more weeks Nov & Dec) Limited to 40 shares- details are coming soon.
- Friendly Reminder: Monthly installments are due by 9/10 – this is the final payment for most of you.
Weekly recipes by Dean Lane Food & Farmstead – Check their website for their upcoming events and dinner reservations
- Napa Cabbage – kimchi, eggrolls, stir-fry, stuffed wraps, salads
- Arugula – peppery, salads, wilted, pizza, pasta
- Delicata Squash – cut in half, scoop out seeds, skin is edible; roasted, stuffed, soup, chili
- Summer squash – yellow & zucchini – very versatile; raw, grilled, pickled, quick bread, sauté, oodles of zoodles; baked stuffed boats
- Tomato – ripen from the inside out and will continue to ripen on the countertop and allow to ripen at room temperature for best flavor; place in fridge if necessary to slow ripening but let return to room temp for eating fresh-not necessary for cooking; cook ripe tomatoes, add to sautés, sauces, salads,
- Jalapeno – add to pickles; slice and freeze; the heat is in the seeds and white pith -use gloves to remove and don’t touch your eyes
- Garlic-add to everything!!; roasted
- Mini Sweet peppers-raw or cooked, minimal seeds, frittata, stuffed, omelets, salads, pizza, pasta
Show us what your are cooking in the private FB Veggie Group!!
- Summer Squash Sauce with garlic scapes and basil – Week#5 2022
- Marinated Zucchini Noodles -use yellow squash too; mandoline slicer on julienne (scooped out any seeds-did not peel)
- Delicata Squash and Black Bean Chili & Cornbread (Week#15 2022)
- Roasted Corn & Delicata Squash Salad with Avocado Lime Dressing (Week#13 2022)
- Maple Roasted Delicata Squash (Week#12 2022)
- Roasted Delicata & Farro Salad with Maple Tahini Dressing (Week #11 2022)
- Summer Squash Pasta (Week #6 2023)
- Zucchini Potato Fritters (Week #10 2022)
- Asian Pickled Zucchini (Week #5 2023)
- Plum Tomato Gratin (Week #13 2022)
- Arugula Walnut Pesto (Week #18 2022)
Quick Tips: – What is a quick pickle? A process to pickle with vinegar and does not have to be canned but must stay refrigerated. Recipe: How to quick pickle any vegetable
Ratatouille – Modern ratatouille uses tomatoes as a foundation for sautéed garlic, onion, zucchini (courgette), aubergine (eggplant), bell pepper, marjoram, fennel and basil.
Did you know that you can purchase your very own Ever Green Farm T-Shirt?
Show your support of your CSA farm!
$28 inc. sales tax (exact cash at your CSA delivery)
Sizes available: S, M, L, XL, XXL
Text me how many and what size – I will bring them to your next delivery!!
CSA MEMBER FARM EVENTS:
- Fall Gratitude Gathering – Saturday, October 14th 1-3
RSVP for events is required. You are welcome to bring your family and friends but please leave pets at home.
Private Facebook Group: request to join the group and turn on notifications https://www.facebook.com/groups/egfcsa