In your CSA share this week:
- Sweet Corn
- Yukon Gold Potato
- Tomato- mix
- Eggplant -mix
- Yellow Onion -fresh
- Summer Squash (Yellow, Zucchini)
- Cherry/Grape tomato- mix
- Bell Pepper
- Jalapeno Pepper
Storage and usage tips and recipes can be found in the Vegetable Directory there is a page for each veggie (well almost)
Do you need inspiration and ideas? Pinterest Boards for many of the veggies we grow
Weekly recipes by Dean Lane Food & Farmstead – Check their website for their upcoming events and dinner reservations
- Sweet Corn – grilled in the husk, cornbread, chowder, freeze
- Yukon gold potato – scrub, no need to peel, all purpose – baked, roasted, fried, boiled, mashed, sauté, soup
- Beans – salads, blanch & freeze, pickle
- Summer squash – yellow & zucchini – very versatile; raw, grilled, pickled, quick bread, sauté, oodles of zoodles; baked stuffed boats
- Eggplant: grilled, roasted, braised; smaller eggplants do not need to be peeled or salted, “meatballs”, eggplant “bacon”, baba ghanoush, stir-fry
- Tomato – ripen from the inside out and will continue to ripen on the countertop not refrigerate; allow to ripen at room temperature for best flavor; add to sautés, sauces, salads, sandwiches
- Jalapeno – add to pickles; slice and freeze; the heat is in the seeds and white pith -use gloves to remove and don’t touch your eyes
- Fresh Onion – skins are not cured; be sure to remove the tougher outer layer before cutting; tops can be used like the scallion tops sliced thin
Ratatouille – Modern ratatouille uses tomatoes as a foundation for sautéed garlic, onion, zucchini (courgette), aubergine (eggplant), bell pepper, marjoram, fennel and basil.
Show us what your are cooking in the private FB Veggie Group!!
- Roasted Yukon Gold with rosemary and capers – Week#12 2022
- Sweet Corn Gazpacho -Week#10 2022
- Three Bean Quinoa Salad – (Week#6 2022)
- Cherry Tomato Cucumber Panzanella Salad with Parsley caper vinaigrette – (Week #7 2022)
- Tomato Basil Risotto (Week #9 2022)
- Braised Japanese Eggplant (Week #7 2022)
- Summer Squash Sauce with garlic scapes and basil – Week#5 2022
- Coconut Green Curry Veggies and Cous Cous – Week #6 2022
- Zucchini Walnut Bread – Week #9 2022
- Zucchini Potato Fritters – Week #10 2022
- Marinated Zucchini Noodles -use yellow squash too; mandoline slicer on julienne (scooped out any seeds-did not peel)
- Asian pickled zucchini – Week #4 2023
- Thai Stir fried Green Beans – week#8 2023
- Summer Squash Pasta – Week #6 2023
- Roasted Japanese Eggplant – week #9 2023
Quick Tips: – What is a quick pickle? A process to pickle with vinegar and does not have to be canned but must stay refrigerated. Recipe: How to quick pickle any vegetable
Potato Harvest was a great success! Thank you to your fellow CSA Members for helping out.
Did you know that you can purchase your very own Ever Green Farm T-Shirt?
Show your support of your CSA farm!
$28 inc. sales tax (exact cash at your CSA delivery)
Sizes available: S, M, L, XL, XXL
Purchase at your CSA delivery or any farm event.
CSA MEMBER FARM EVENTS:
- Fall Gratitude Gathering – Saturday, October 14th 1-3
RSVP for events is required. You are welcome to bring your family and friends but please leave pets at home.
Private Facebook Group: request to join the group and turn on notifications https://www.facebook.com/groups/egfcsa