Well, we sure have been busy around here. We have had a variety of weather – rain, cold, rain, hot, hot, rain, rain, rain. Some plants like the cold, some like the heat but not many plants like to be soaking wet. We are hoping for warm sunshine.
We still have shares available – it is not too late!
Possibilities for Week #1 June 9th Rhubarb, Radish, Spring Turnip, Baby Bok Choy, Swiss Chard, Mustard Greens, Baby Lettuce Mix, Lettuce Head, Arugula, Baby Leeks, Lemon Balm Items and quantity varies between Large and Small Shares
- Radish, Turnips – can both be eaten raw or cooked – should be stored removed from green and the greens are edible also
- Mustard Greens are spicy and can be eaten raw or cooked.
- Arugula has a peppery flavor and can be eaten raw or cooked.
- After cooking mustard greens & arugula they lose their spicy flavor (same goes for radish so if you are not fond of spicy – cook them)
- Cooking Greens- you want to just wilt the greens so it will only take a few minutes and they shrink down a lot when cooked.
- Baby leeks -mild onion flavor can be used in place of onion in salads or sautés – raw or cooked
Really quick dinner idea – radish, turnip, baby bok choy w/ginger, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes
could also add leeks, and other greens – experiment – enjoy!
You must be logged in to post a comment.